Wanted: Building Services Engineer
Office Location: Gbagada, Lagos
Job Category: Technical – Construction – Engineering
Job Duties and Tasks:
- Design and supervise the installation, testing, and maintenance of electrical/mechanical/plumbing equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
- Plan layout and installation of building services, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements;
- Using specialist computer-aided design (cad) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project;
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair building services, equipment, and fixtures.
- Negotiating and developing project contracts and agreeing these with clients if working in consultancy, and putting out tenders;
- Commissioning, organising and assessing the work of contractors; Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, builders, architects and surveyors, and in-house project teams;
- Working with detailed diagrams, plans and drawings; provide preliminary workshop sketches and cost estimates for materials and services to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Make provision for a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Supervise the placing of conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Managing and forecasting spend, using whole life cycle costing techniques, ensuring that work is kept to budget;
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings;
- Working on a variety of projects within a short period of time.
- 4+ years of work experience in a similar role
- Excellent educational qualifications – Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or related discipline (OND/HND/BSC)
- Good understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering guidelines and regulations
- Experience of preparing reports
- Experience of preparing documentation
- Excellent AutoCAD design skills
- Excellent communication skills
Interested candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com
Submissions will be accepted till September 13, 2015
Human Capital Management